karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Towards Karaf 3.0.0
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:11:46 GMT
Also a BIG +1 for sonar

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:35 PM, Achim Nierbeck
<bcanhome@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> thanx for cleaning up Jira and filling up my mailbox ;-)
>

> +1 on the road map
> +1 on the new Jira Components
> +1 on SVN
> +1 on quality, I really think we need to make sure this one runs out
> of the box as 3.0.0 without sending a 3.0.1 shortly afterwards.
> do we have sonar for Karaf yet? If so we should link that from the
> karaf homepage
>
> regards, Achim
>

> 2011/7/11 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We should now focus on the Karaf 3.0.0 release. I have a set of proposals to deal
with you.

>> 1 - Jira
>> ----------
>> As you certainly saw in your mailbox, I started to prepare the Karaf 3.0.0 roadmap.
>>
>> I edited Jira issues to add a fix version and the component. Feel free to review
directly the issues associated to the 3.0.0 release (simply search the fix version 3.0.0 in
Jira).

>> We have also:
>> - Karaf 3.0.1
>> - Karaf 3.1.0
>> where you can move the issues depending of the severity/priority.
>>
>> I would like also to propose some changes in the Jira components. Currently, the
Jira components are not very helpful. I think that we need more fine-grained components. I
propose:
>> - OBR: all issues related to OBR
>> - Shell: all issues related to shell display and shell commands (it's currently console)
>> - WebConsole: all issues related to the web console
>> - WebContainer: all issues related to the web container, web deployer, Pax-Web
>> - Features: all issues related to Karaf features
>> - WrapDeployer: all issues related to wrap deployer
>> - KAR: all issues related to KAR artifact and deployer
>> - OSGi/Runtime: all issues related to bundle installation, OSGi framework, etc
>> - Cellar: all issues related to Karaf Cellar
>>
>> 2 - Subversion
>> --------------------
>> Currently Karaf 3.0.0 is the Karaf trunk.
>>
>> I propose:
>> - to focus on the Jira issues first, that it should be fixed on trunk
>> - release Karaf 3.0.0
>> - when Karaf 3.0.0 is out, I will create the karaf-3.0.x branch, and the trunk will
become Karaf 3.1.0

>> Is it OK for you ?
>>
>> 3 - Quality
>> Karaf 3.0.0 is an important release. It's expected by a lot of people and projects,
and for a long time now :)

>> It's really important that we insure the highest quality for this release.
>> It means that I don't wanna rush on this release: I would like that we take a time
to make clean code, deep tests, add the unit tests when it's required, etc.