karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Towards Karaf 3.0.0
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 05:28:57 GMT
Hey David,

The problem isn't during assambling but to install e.g. CXF
afterwards. Please start an empty Karaf 3.x and try to install the CXF
features file. To make it run you have to modify the jre.properties
and the bootdelegation to get it up running. And there is no way to do
this automatically from your .kar/features.xml right now :(

Kind regards,
Andreas

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:05 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2011, at 5:26 AM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
> <big snip>
>
>> * Karaf profiles & Kar files (IMHO this is one of the most important
>> features for 3.x and not present in the issues by now; there had been
>> considerable work on this by David, but still, we're missing a
>> possibility to start e.g. CXF without modifying some files in etc)
>
> I'm really hoping that 3.0.0 will have the minimal and standard assemblies created using
kars/features rather than the old style maven-assembly-plugin.  I haven't been able to work
on this for a while but i thought I left it in a state as least as functional as the old-style
servers.  The only bit I recall as missing is the legal files.

> What are you looking for to start e.g. cxf?  IIRC you can assemble a server including
a cxf feature as a boot feature, or add it in later as a regular feature....