karaf-dev mailing list archives

From mikevan <mvangeert...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf Cellar 2.2.2
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:29:22 GMT
Pieber,

To be clear, Pax-Exam is used to test the integration of code into an OSGi
environment. What I'm talking about are more basic unit tests that focus on
the discreet methods in each class. Should I take your comment to mean that
we are not able to do this kind of unit testing on the cloud module without
pax-exam?

If that is the case, I will change my non-binding vote.

Andreas Pieber wrote:

> I'm with JB here. In addition making reasonable integration tests for
> karaf-cellar would be a real bunch of work. For this pax-exam needs to
> start
> two test engines which will be quite interesting to implement but not
> without work I would say...
>
> Otherwise I do not vote for now. guava is currently not available via m2.
> JB
> is currently pushing guava-osgi 0.9.0 to the servicemix repos. I'll
> continue/finish the evaluation once the artifact is pushed
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 08:43, Jean-Baptiste Onofré &lt;jb@nanthrax.net&gt;
> wrote:
>
>> Mike:
>>
>> The main purpose of Cellar 2.2.2 is to fix issues, especially one on
>> Equinox and add the MBeans support.
>> We decided to "merge" the cloud and bundle sync features from the trunk
>> as
>> it could be interested to start to use it.
>>
>> I'm agree with your points but I'm not sure that we have to cancel the
>> release.
>>
>> WDYT ?
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 08/05/2011 07:18 AM, mikevan wrote:
>>
>>> -1 (non-binding) . Downloaded the code, compiled it, and was able to get
>>> cellar 2.2.2 working per Iocanel's instructions on github.  -1 because:
>>>
>>> 1) There are no Unit tests for the Karaf Cellar's cloud module. This
>>> should
>>> be corrected because we cannot verify programmatically whether or not it
>>> actually works.  Additionally, the lack of unit tests sets a bad
>>> standard
>>> for other contributors and committers. In a non-Foss world, the lack of

-----