karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: feature names are potentially ambiguous?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:10:31 GMT
Am 18.08.2011 08:11, schrieb David Jencks:
> Our feature names are quite short (e.g. "jndi") and it seems to me this is likely to
cause confusion when features get more widely adopted.  Would it make sense to change them
to be more like typical symbolic names, eg. "org.apache.karaf.feature.jndi"?

> thanks
> david jencks

Basically I like this. The problem is that it makes code completion on
the shell much less helpful. For example if many features start with
org.apache.camel. Then you have to type quite bit before the completion
can help.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de