karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject What's stopping a 3.0 release?
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 06:36:02 GMT
IIRC we were hoping to get 3.0 out the door in august.... we better hurry up :-)

The missing bits I'm aware of are:

- removing the old-style apache-karaf distro and making sure everything in it is in the new-style
minimal and full servers and changing the appropriate tests to use one of the new-style servers

- documenting the new karaf-maven-plugin functionality

- providing a server assembly archetype

I just added the license, notice, readme and release notes to the framwork kar so they end
up in new-style assemblies.  I'm not thrilled with this but don't have much interest trying
to do anything else.

I can do most of the above with the exception of making sure everything everyone wants is
in the new-style assemblies.

What else is needed?

thanks
david jencks