karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Karaf-webConsole - Apache Wicket
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 09:53:47 GMT
I would prefer that images / pictures of flags are centralized and
part of the core bundle. We can add a list of current languages which
will be most probably translated like French, Dutch, German, Italian,
Spanish, English, Polish, Swedish, Danish and extend them (with new
minor releases) when they will be required by a new user/committer.

We also need to define default values because we will extend the
core/osgi projects and add new labels which will not be added
immediately by partners projects (ServiceMix, Camel, ActiveMQ, Cellar,
Fabric, ...).

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:27, Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> The situation is a bit more complex than that because if ServiceMix
>> provides a bundle containing by example the page EndpointsListPage,
>> they have to provide translation for this page but also a fragment to
>> add translated labes for NavigationPanel which is until now part of
>> the core.
>

> This could be removed quite easily (so that it is also localized by the
> client).
>

>> So, from this point of view, we do not need to provide a
>> service for images, repeater as they will be part of the core bundle
>> and present in the top banner of the web console. If they don't
>> provide translation, then english will be used by default
>>

> Does this mean we include all possible flags or that clients extend the core
> with their fragment? How do we find the images then?
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>

>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Everything great; while fragments work great for localisation the
>> question
>> > still remains how we get flag into the package and who a subproject can
>> > signal that a language is fully supported. The simplest option would be
>> > use an osgi service providing the image and a repeater in some kind of
>> > drop-down in the core package. The only language I would make default is
>> > English which means also the English flag is always available by default.
>> If
>> > e.g. SMX says that it also provides all fragements (in an additional
>> > feature) they can only include a webconsole.germanready.jar bundle
>> exporting
>> > a FullySupportedLanguageService#getFlagPanelWithChangeLogic service which
>> > can be used by webconsole.core...
>> >
>> > While I basically like the idea I'm not sure about the number of bundles
>> > this will produce.
>> >
>> > WDYT; any concerns/alternatives?
>> >
>> > Kind regards,
>> > Andreas

> [...]