karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Karaf-webConsole - Apache Wicket
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:27:36 GMT
The situation is a bit more complex than that because if ServiceMix
provides a bundle containing by example the page EndpointsListPage,
they have to provide translation for this page but also a fragment to
add translated labes for NavigationPanel which is until now part of
the core. So, from this point of view, we do not need to provide a
service for images, repeater as they will be part of the core bundle
and present in the top banner of the web console. If they don't
provide translation, then english will be used by default

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:
> Everything great; while fragments work great for localisation the question
> still remains how we get flag into the package and who a subproject can
> signal that a language is fully supported. The simplest option would be to
> use an osgi service providing the image and a repeater in some kind of
> drop-down in the core package. The only language I would make default is
> English which means also the English flag is always available by default. If
> e.g. SMX says that it also provides all fragements (in an additional
> feature) they can only include a webconsole.germanready.jar bundle exporting
> a FullySupportedLanguageService#getFlagPanelWithChangeLogic service which
> can be used by webconsole.core...
>
> While I basically like the idea I'm not sure about the number of bundles
> this will produce.
>
> WDYT; any concerns/alternatives?
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 09:29, Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> This sounds good and in this case we really need a flag for switching
>> the language :-)
>>

>> 2011/8/16 Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard@gmail.com>:
>> > If you would like that we check the language browser, then we can add
>> > this option and display the console in the language corresponding to
>> > your browser (German for you in occurrence and Belgian/French for me
>> > ;-).

>> alternative
>> easier to
>> some