karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: karaf-dev & github.com/apache/karaf integration
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:57:01 GMT
OK, to make a minor here clear. I never proposed that we apply directly from
pull-requests (sorry if it was understood that way). Just that we integrate
it as an optional possibility for code-reveiws.

E.g. the following workflow would be nice:

a) a user forks karaf at github
b) hacks
c) provides a pull-request
d) we're notified via the dev-list
e) as many discussions as required are done via the pull-request <->
mailinglist (since they are configured to mirror the answers both ways;
that's the point I propose :-))
f) the USER rebases his branch on the master/2.2.x; splash the commits to
one; creates a diff/patch from the one new commit creates an JIRA and
attaches the patch there

Kind regards,
Andreas