karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Brad Taylor <cbradtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running karaf on z/os
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 19:46:41 GMT
Since you are the only one that responded, I thought I would give you the
courtesy of my signoff.  I have spent much time trying to get karaf to work
to no avail.  I found the basic problem in jline that reads chararacters
from the console, and assumes they are ascii by checking the byte code.  In
z/os case the character coming in is EBCDIC a lower case l is x'93' dec
147.  It seems like there would be a way to have java ask for input from a
device at it would take care of the translation.  Since most of the
funtionallity of karaf is in the karaf code, not the console i/o, it seems a
shame that your lose a large platform, so that you can have a "fancy"
console interface.  Any way I can spend no more time with it, equinox works
fine, I will shift our efforts to that container.

Thank your for your prior response

Brad Taylor