karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [DISCUSS/PROPOSAL] More Karaf services usage
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 19:52:41 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on the addition of a set of new Karaf MBeans.

The purpose of these MBeans is to give the same actions that can be
performed with the shell commands.

Regarding this, I saw that a lot of logics are implemented in the
commands itself, shipping some util classes.

It means that the code is not really re-usable, and the only workaround
is code duplication.

For Karaf 3.0 (or 3.1), I propose to refactore a maximum of things to
use services. The logic is implemented in the service, and, for
instance, shell commands and MBeans could use this service.
More over, it means that we can completely change the implementation
without updating the commands or MBeans.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--