karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Moulliard <cmoulli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pax Web, Taglibs and Karaf
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 08:31:13 GMT
Hi Achim,

Many thanks for your reply. I think that for the future of the PAX
projects we should adopt a strategy comparable to Apache Geronimo
project / Glassfish to provide support on the ESB platform for
Servlet, JSP, JSF. Pax is a great OSGI utility package but it has also
the disadvantage that nobody knows if we deploy bundles compatible to
Servlet 2.5 + Jsp 1.2 + JSF 1.2 or any other combinaisons.

When a new web application server is published (Tomcat, WebSphere,
JBoss, Glassfish, ...) everybody knows which specification has been
packaged into the release. I would like to suggest that for the future
of Pax we adopt such a strategy or maybe we disuss with Geronimo
project How we could reuse their bundles to setup WebContainer, EJB
container according to Jave Specifications. That will simplify the
life of the end users interested to deploy Web projects too on Karaf.
We should also improve the doc of the following page to provide info
about specs or frameworks supported like Apache Wicket
(http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/users-guide/web-applications.html).

Regards,

Charles Moulliard

Apache Committer