karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Karaf 2.2.4 roadmap
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:08:07 GMT
Focusing more on Karaf 3.0 would be a good thing after Karaf 2.2.4 is
released, that being said I wouldn't fully freeze new development on
2.2.x just encourage more time to be spent on the 3.0.x line. The
2.2.x line will continue for a long time, I think we just want to put
a push on getting Karaf 3.0.0 out.

Cheers,
Jamie

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 09:22, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I prepared the roadmap for Karaf 2.2.4. I selected 13 issues that we should
>> include:
>>
>> KARAF-907       Include 64 bits wrapper library
>> KARAF-894       Kar deployment failed
>> KARAF-891       Problem either with documentation or shell regarding
>>                wrapped wrap:mvn artifacts
>> KARAF-881       Make aliases to osgi:* commands to be more clear for
>>                the users
>> KARAF-875       Unable to define Maven repository URL while adding a
>>                features URL
>> KARAF-867       Inconsistent deployment behavior between bundle
>>                installer and feature installer
>> KARAF-859       URLs deleted via features:removeurl are coming back on
>>                a karaf instance restart (when cellar is also being
>>                used)
>> KARAF-811       Combination of wrap+mvn and instructions doesnt work
>>                any more
>> KARAF-810       pax-url-mvn doesn't work correctly with jline
>> KARAF-762       dev:watch should support multiple bundle IDs
>> KARAF-610       Can't input the path string completely via karaf shell
>> KARAF-608       Allow for multi-stage boot features installation
>> KARAF-541       Support JMX SSL via etc/org.apache.karaf.**management.cfg
>>
>> Feel free to include others Jiras or postpone some.
>>
>> If all is OK, I would like to cut off Karaf 2.2.4 end of the next week.
>>
>> On the other hand, I propose to freeze all new features and improvements on
>> the Karaf 2.2.x branch.
>>
>
> Karaf 2.x is really used everywhere, so freezing everything, even before 3.0
> is ready to be released sounds a bit too early to me ...
> I think we'll have to support it for some time while 3.0 is maturing.
>
>
>> Just after Karaf 2.2.4, we really have to focus on Karaf 3.0.0, performing
>> a bunch of tests, including the refactoring that we want, etc, etc.
>>
>> WDYT ?
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>> jbonofre@apache.org
>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>
>
>
>
> --
> ------------------------
> Guillaume Nodet
> ------------------------
> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
> ------------------------
> Open Source SOA
> http://fusesource.com
>

Mime
View raw message