karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Karaf 2.2x, 2.3.x and Spring version
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 05:37:24 GMT
As long as we do not need a 2.3 branch I can live with every solution :-)

Kind regards Andreas
On Sep 6, 2011 6:35 AM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
> Regarding the Dan update (about the fact that CXF 2.4.3 will use Spring
> 3.0.6), it makes sense that Camel will upgrade to Spring 3.0.6 as well.
>
> So, I'm agree:
> - let Spring 3.0.6 in Karaf, starting from 2.2.3
> - if people want to use Spring 3.0.5 (and applications that use this
> version), they have to use Karaf up to 2.2.2.
>
> So, we don't move ;)
>
> Camel 2.9.0 will use Spring 3.0.6 (I created a Jira for that), maybe
> Camel 2.8.2 will use it too (as it's a "minor" update).
>
> Thanks all for your feedback about that point.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 09/06/2011 02:39 AM, Freeman Fang wrote:
>> Yes, Camel/CXF stay with Karaf 2.2.2 should be a better choice now.
>>
>> Freeman
>> On 2011-9-6, at 上午4:33, Glen Mazza wrote:
>>
>>> Might it also be possible to keep the Camel/CXF, etc. users on 2.2.2
>>> until *those* projects upgrade to 3.0.6? If they're going to do so in
>>> a month or so anyway, probably better to keep them on 2.2.2 instead of
>>> maintaining a 2.3.x branch over such a minor library update.
>>>
>>> Glen
>>>
>>>
>>> On 09/05/2011 11:42 AM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
>>>> I've not looked at the spring changelog for the 3.0.6 release but is
>>>> there
>>>> really any ground shaking reason which requires that we can't wait
>>>> another
>>>> month? If we cant I'm definitely for a workaround (e.g. adding a
>>>> spring-next
>>>> feature) instead of releasing 2.3.0. Adding a new minor branch to the
>>>> 2.x
>>>> releases simply bears the risk that we start to add new features
>>>> there too
>>>> (delaying 3.0...).
>>>>
>>>> Just my 2 cents,
>>>> Kind regards,
>>>> Andreas
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 14:57, Jamie G.<jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> +1 Same as Andreas.
>>>>>
>>>>> I assume this also means a 2.3.0 release for spring 3.0.6.RELEASE.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Charles Moulliard<cmoulliard@gmail.com
>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I agree on Andreas's remark. We should keep karaf as light as
possible
>>>>>> and removed what is not part of the core of its project (spring,
http,
>>>>>> war, ...). Feel free next to end user to deploy their required
>>>>>> features. Otherwise, we will be obliged to sync the release of Karaf
>>>>>> with Camel, CXF, Spring .... like this is a bit the case for the
>>>>>> moment.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Charles
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Andreas Pieber<anpieber@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> TBH I'm not happy that we can't upgrade a micro version of a
>>>>>>> referenced
>>>>>>> library in a micro release of karaf. TBH I would rather prefer
>>>>>>> staying
>>>>> with
>>>>>>> 3.0.5 for the entire 2.x branch than keeping 2.3 for a micro
dep
>>>>> upgrade.
>>>>>>> In addition we should learn from this and completely remove all
>>>>>>> features
>>>>>>> from karaf. Even http, spring wrapper... Those should be
>>>>>>> maintained by
>>>>> the
>>>>>>> karaf team but not distributed in karaf core. They could be loaded
>>>>>>> from
>>>>> a
>>>>>>> cave repo or from any other method we've discussed in the last
time.
>>>>> Because
>>>>>>> of this situation I think it is very important that we get rid
of
the
>>>>>>> problem in 3.0 for once and all.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Knd regards Andreas
>>>>>>> On Sep 5, 2011 7:09 AM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré"<jb@nanthrax.net>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> as you have certainly seen, we have an issue with Karaf 2.2.3
and
>>>>> Camel.
>>>>>>>> In Karaf 2.2.3, we upgraded to Spring 3.0.6.RELEASE, whereas
Camel
>>>>> still
>>>>>>>> uses Spring 3.0.5.RELEASE.
>>>>>>>> As Spring is major component for CXF, Camel, etc. So, we
should
>>>>>>>> "address" a Spring update with a lot of attention.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I propose:
>>>>>>>> - to rollback Spring to 3.0.5.RELEASE in Karaf 2.2.x.
>>>>>>>> - to create a Karaf 2.3.x branch, exactly a copy of 2.2.x,
but with
>>>>>>>> update to Spring 3.0.6.RELEASE
>>>>>>>> - in both branches, we add all Spring features to cover all
Spring
>>>>>>>> bundles. We have few issues to fix in both branches and I
propose
to
>>>>>>>> release 2.2.4 and 2.3.0 soon.
>>>>>>>> - update Karaf 3.0.x (trunk) to Spring 3.0.6.RELEASE
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> WDYT ?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>>>> JB
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>>>>>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>>>>>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>>>>>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Glen Mazza
>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com/ai
>>> Blog - http://www.jroller.com/gmazza
>>> Twitter - glenmazza
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------
>> Freeman Fang
>>
>> FuseSource
>> Email:ffang@fusesource.com
>> Web: fusesource.com
>> Twitter: freemanfang
>> Blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
> jbonofre@apache.org
> http://blog.nanthrax.net
> Talend - http://www.talend.com

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message