karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: feature names are potentially ambiguous?
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 00:43:47 GMT

On Thursday, October 13, 2011 1:57:59 AM Ioannis Canellos wrote:
> Though I liked the idea of symbolic-name like features a lot, I somehow do
> not like the result.

I agree.   I really don't like it either.    I'd much prefer something
shorter, but still unique:

karaf-config
karaf-war
karaf-http
etc....

Still points at karaf, but is relatively small and doesn't clutter things up
terribly.   The whole "org.apache." part is terribly redundant.   But that's
my opinion.  :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp