karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Another issue with 2.2.4....
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:35:25 GMT

While doing some testing with 2.2.4-SNAPSHOT, I ran into another issue.  The
"war" feature no longer supports Java 5.  You cannot install the feature due
to pax-web-jsp pulling in classes only available in Java6.     Since 2.2.x is
supposed to support Java5, this is an issue for me.

JB is going to look a bit at pax-web tomorrow morning to see if there is
anything that can be done.   If not, we may need to do something like:

1) release note that war is Java6 only.    (btw: this issue exists in 2.2.3 as
well)

2) Remove jsp from the war feature and maybe add a "war-jsp" feature that
would include it.  (or something similar)

3) Rollback to pax-web-jsp 1.0.1 (last version that doesn't have the problem)

4)  others?

Anyway, at this point, I'd like to wait and see what JB finds out.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org