karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Gert Vanthienen <gert.vanthie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Several proposals
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:14:22 GMT
L.S.,

My suggestion would be to:
- first look for an installed features url that matches the requirement - if
that already exists, just go ahead and don't install anything else
- if there's no suitable descriptor yet, let pax url mvn resolve that url,
which should give you the highest available inside the range

If there's already a non-matching version installed, I would just stick to
the same routine and have it install a second (other version) features
descriptor as well - after all, one of the benefits of using OSGi is to be
able to use multiple versions of the same thing.  I'm not sure how
transitive repository definitions make a difference here, it's actually
there that this feature would be the most useful (at least, from my
perspective in ServiceMix) - if we use cxf and camel and camel use cxf as
well, that's exactly where I would like this solution to make sure that we
don't get duplicate versions installed.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
FuseSource