karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: feature names are potentially ambiguous?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:52:42 GMT

> 2. Any feature distributed by a project needs to have that projects name in
>  the feature name.  To take the aries-jndi example, if karaf names a feature
> aries-jndi, and aries wants to publish a jndi feature themselves, what can
> they call it?  I think karaf has to use "karaf-aries-jndi" and aries gets
> "aries-jndi".

imho, if aries shipped a feature, the way to go would be to reuse that
feature in Karaf and don't ship a different feature ourselves.

> Of course one solution is to use a fully qualified name, and I don't think
> they are really any more complicated than these partly-qualified names,
> which is why I think we should keep them.

It's not about being complicated (though I think it can create some
confusion). It's about keeping things small and avoiding too much clutter.

 --
*Ioannis Canellos*
*

**