karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Features autostart attribute
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:29:10 GMT
I came across the following use case:

I want to create a custom feature descriptor, which I will
be dropping inside the karaf deploy folder.
Currently, all features will be installed. In my case I don't want all the
features installed. I just want one of them installed.
In this case an attribute like autostart, that would be *only* used when
dropping features.xml in the deploy folder could make some sense.

In my use case I need a to have a lot of features available but uninstalled
and have a single feature "decide" which other features need to be
installed.

I know that this is not the most common use case, but having this attribute
(working only for the deploy folder case) won't hurt anyone.

wdyt?

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*