karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Kripalani, Raul" <r...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New Karaf commands norm
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:26:10 GMT
Hi,

Just an idea. To minimise possible user frustration, the first time in each
shell session that the osgi: command prefix is used, we could output a
message in the shell telling the user that they should use instance:
instead, rather than just showing the standard "command not found" which
could puzzle them if they haven't read the docs.

This could be a warning in 3.0.x, with an alias from osgi: to instance:, and
in 3.1.x we could remove osgi: altogether...

Regards,
Raúl.