karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Duplicate feature repository entry using archive-kar to build deployable applications
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:41:02 GMT
Agree,

For now, I'm working to package a profile as a kar.

Ready to discuss (later today, I'm with a customer).

Regards
JB

On 01/12/2012 09:25 AM, Łukasz Dywicki wrote:
> The initial idea behind profiles was to use its definition also during build time. We'll
definitely have a conflict areas - between FeaturesService, Kars and Profiles. All three can
provide configuration resources, kars can be also used during build time. Maybe it's time
to clarify who does what? :)

> Łukasz Dywicki
> --
> Code-House
> http://code-house.org
>

> Wiadomość napisana przez David Jencks w dniu 2012-01-11, o godz. 17:37:
>
>> I can't tell what you are doing since your information is inconsistent.
>>
>> If you use the trunk (3.0.0-SNAPSHOT) karaf-maven-plugin and the kar packaging your
"source" feature.xml file should be in src/main/feature/feature.xml.  AFAIK this works fine.

>> I don't know anything about 2.2.x.
>>
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jan 11, 2012, at 8:21 AM, Michael Täschner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi JB,
>>>
>>> I switched to the create-kar goal of maven-features-plugin of karaf 2.2.5, yet
the issues remain: If the input feature file uses properties I can only use the already filtered
file in target/classes (I uses ${project.artifactId}, version, etc.) else the bundles cannot
be resolved. Additionally the resulting kar still contains two feature files: the one from
build path (target/classes) and the one within /repository, still resulting in two feature
repositories being added in karaf ?

>>> Did I do something wrong ?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Michael
>>>
>>> 2012/1/11 Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb@nanthrax.net>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> my comments inline:
>>>

>>> 1: I use the features-maven-plugin of karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT to
>>> "archive-kar" my feature from a filtered features.xml file in
>>> src/main/resources/feature. This works fine apart from the fact that the
>>> resulting kar contains two features.xml, one in /features (as copied
>>> from /target/classes/feature) and one in the correct place under
>>> /repository/<groupId>/<artifactId>-features.xml. How can I tell the
>>> plugin to ignore the /target/feature/features.xml in the kar while I
>>> still need it for the build ? Right now karaf shows two added feature
>>> repositories for the same bundles and I have to remove one manually.
>>>
>>> The create-kar goal is now available with features-maven-plugin 2.2.5.
>>>
>>> http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/users-guide/kar.html
>>>
>>> I blogged about it:
>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net/2011/12/do-you-know-the-apache-karaf-maven-plugins/
>>>
>>> The create-kar goal take the featuresFile, so it should include only this one,
and you shouldn't use a resource for that.

>>> 2. Undeploy of kar from the karaf /deploy folder has currently no
>>> effect, neither the feature repo, nor the features/bundles themselves
>>> are undeployed ? Additionally I wonder what would happen if I copy a
>>> newer kar of my features to the /deploy folder ?!
>>>
>>> It's an expected behavior. Removing a kar file doesn't remove the features installed
(and the bundles/config associated).
>>> On Karaf 2.2.x, the kar is uncompress in the local-repo folder, adding a .timestamp.
>>> If you copy a new KAR, the KarDeployer will check if the kar is newer than the
previous .timestamp and so it will try to update the features/bundles. Else, nothing will
be performed.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org