karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Database commands for Karaf
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2012 08:08:38 GMT
Hi Andreas,

I am ok with a subproject though I think the code is currently much too
small to warrant a subproject. That may change of course.
Outside of Karaf I see no obvious host projects for generic commands
like db or jms. By design these commands should not be provider
specific. So a specific DB or JMS Provider project would be the wrong
place in my opinion. The only place I could imagine outside of Karaf is
aries.
I will ask at the aries project if there is interest in these commands.

If we aim to host the code at Karaf I propose to put the db and upcoming
jms commands in Karaf at the moment and include them in the enterprise
features. When they grow we could
establish something like an Enterprise subproject. There we could put
code that is not really fcous of Karaf but is typically needed for
Enterprise development.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de