karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Issue with the latest mvn change on trunk
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:37:36 GMT

On Jan 13, 2012, at 2:30 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I saw an issue while updating the Spring version in Karaf 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
>
> It seems that now, Karaf goes on Central first, before cheking in the Karaf system repository.
>
> For instance, the Karaf Spring features XML is correct in the system repo, but after
performed a features:list-url, this features XML is overwritten by the one on Central.

> I think that it's related to the latest change made by David.
>
> I think that the order of artifact resolution should be:
> 1/ check in the Karaf system repository
> 2/ check in the user .m2/repository
> 3/ check in the repositories defined in the etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg

That's what I've seen happening after my changes (and never before my changes, where it always
checked remote repos first).

I wonder if you have an up to date copy of pax-url-aether?  I don't know the snapshot publishing
policy at ops4j.

david jencks

> I'm going to check if the ${karaf.default.repository} is correctly used in Pax URL localRepository.
>
> I suspect the + (prepend) could be the cause of the problem (I gonna check).
>
> I will give you more information later today.
>
> More over, I saw that the demos features is present by default in the distribution (with
file: protocol). I think it should be "optional" and provided by a demos features that the
user has to reference (add-url).