karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Size of karaf distributions
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:30:05 GMT
Sounds good Christian.

Back to the larger theme, we appear to be making head way in reducing
the overall size of the distribution with the Aether issue reviewed
above, now to reducing convenience features in Karaf to make it
'minimal'...

The goal here would be to define the lowest possible set of features
to make Karaf useful, but very feature bare?

In this case removing diagnostics, management, some deployer support,
and possibly even JAAS or instance admin could be considered. We could
go as far to reduce logging support as well. How bare bones a
distribution can we design while still being useful enough to not
cause heavy frustration (if everyone has to immediately add back a
particular feature then we should probably not remove it).

Cheers,
Jamie