karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Pieber <anpie...@gmail.com>
Subject [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 15:40:28 GMT
Hey guys,

As all of you know we really want to get Karaf 3.0 out now for some time.
But as long we add new "groundbreaking" features to the master we'll always
destabilize it at some point. To give us a chance to finally stabilize the
entire thing and getting out a 3.0 release I would like to propose a
feature freeze for 3.0 starting (for example) today in a week. Pack
everything into trunk you already have and really want to be part of Karaf
3. Then we'll cut off a new branch (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow any
new features. The version on the master/trunk will be increased to
3.1.0-SNAPSHOT. This should be the place then for all new features. This
step should free us from new regressions and give us the time to finalize
3.0.0.

WDYT?

Kind regards,
Andreas