karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [INFO] System repo, artifacts resolution and aether
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 19:28:37 GMT
I also think the offline feature is really important. At talend for
example we want
to make sure our distribution works when offline so this setting could
also be useful for tests.

On the other hand I would not really say that downloading artifacts on
demand would never happen in production.
I can very well imagine deploying a very small container and then
downloading libs and custom applications from
a company maven repo. Of course this is different from downloading from
the internet but from the karaf point of view it
is not an offline mode.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de