karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Document archtiectural decisions in Wiki
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:30:02 GMT
Hi all,

I discussed with Andreas on IRC that it is would be good to document
architectural decisions in the wiki. The idea is to extract the most
important informations from discussions on e.g. the mailing list. The
list should allow us to point new developers to decisions that were made
so they can inform themselves about these before dicussing the
decisions. The list should also allow to revisit decisions from time to
time so we have the chance to change a decision if for example the
reasons for it change.

See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KARAF/Architectural+decisions

I currently added a first decision for console as it came up on the irc
channel. Please document further decisions as you see fit and also help
making existing ones more concise.
We should of course not document every little decision. I think a good
indicator that a decision should be documented is when it is discussed
often and or heated :-)

Christian

--
Christian Schneider