karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: [INFO] System repo, artifacts resolution and aether
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 13:01:27 GMT
While you're looking at this problem, could you also consider making it
possible to run Karaf in "offline" mode?

I've had several issues when moving from development to production. In
development I think that I have included all the necessary artifacts in my
custom distribution. But then in production (where there is sometimes no
Internet connection from the servers) it turns out that artifacts were
missing.

I have looked for a way to run Karaf in a mode similar to "mvn -o" so that
I can verify that I have included everything. Running Karaf as a service
(under Windows) helps since maven's local repository is not found but
artifacts can still be downloaded from the Internet.

This is not only for development though. I really do NOT want Karaf to
download any artifacts from the Internet in production - even if it were
possible. I only want to use the exact artifacts that have been verified in
the testing phase.

Although not exactly the problem you are looking at it seems related.

/Bengt