karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: [INFO] System repo, artifacts resolution and aether
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 18:24:15 GMT
Link URL looks interesting although I would regard them as a complement to
direct maven resolving.

I'v always considered the maven support in Karaf as a very useful feature.
Especially during development since Karaf will pick up my newly built
artifacts directly from my local maven repository. I'm sure it is also
useful for populating the bundle cache directly from the Internet although
I would never use that feature in production (I create a custom
distribution containing everything I need instead).

What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to take away the maven support
since it's really useful (in development) but I would like to be able to
control it (in production) so that:

*Priority 1*: I can stop maven from downloading anything from the Internet
("offline" mode). This I think must be mandatory for any production system
- how else do you know what code you are running?

*Priority 2*: I can restrict maven to only use artifacts contained in my
custom distribution (mainly the system folder). This would stop maven from
accessing my local maven repo. This would make it easier to verify that my
custom distribution contains everything before moving to production.

/Bengt