karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Start 3.0.x stabilizing branch and feature freeze
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:50:27 GMT
s/jar/jsr  (sorry for the confusion, auto-complete strikes again).

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
> Add to the list verifying Java 7 support (specifically the jar 14
> issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KARAF-1067)
>
> Cheers,
> Jamie
>
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We have a few iTest failures we need to resolve, then we should have a
>> clean build of trunk (running all tests).
>>
>> Once we have a clean building trunk its time to branch - we still need
>> to polish 3.0.x a bit before we do a Release Candidate.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jamie
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just to revitalize this discussion a little bit: How far are we? What is
>>> still missing before we can start the stabilization branch? Maybe we can
>>> finally provide a checklist of must-be-included :-)
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Andreas
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 09:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Guillaume,
>>>>
>>>> For the spec, I think that we have to release a new version of the bundles
>>>> in any case.
>>>>
>>>> I can take it.
>>>>
>>>> Regards
>>>> JB
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 01/17/2012 09:04 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> The changes I've made so far are in a github branch, I can at least
>>>>> backport the inclusion of the activator and custom specs (jaxp, stax,
>>>>> jaxb, jaxws) to trunk.  For the versions of the exported package, I'm
>>>>> still not sure what's the best way, we can either export versions on
>>>>> the packages or release new versions of the bundles (we'll need a
>>>>> release of the specs anyway).
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 07:59, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb@nanthrax.net>
>>>>>  wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Dan,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Guillaume made a first change on trunk around that.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> So it will includes in the branch.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I plan to include sub-shell and profiles too on this branch.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards
>>>>>> JB
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On 01/16/2012 04:31 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Saturday, January 14, 2012 9:19:53 AM David Jencks wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> We've been feature complete since last august, except everyone
keeps
>>>>>>>> deciding we need more features.  I think Andreas's point
is that unless
>>>>>>>> we
>>>>>>>> decide that we're going to do a release we'll never run out
of
>>>>>>>> essential
>>>>>>>> features that absolutely need to be in 3.0 before we can
release it.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> What specific features do you need in 3.0 that aren't there
right now?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Is Guillaume's activator stuff ready/in there?   That would
be the main
>>>>>>> thing
>>>>>>> I'd like to see included at this point.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Dan
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> anyway +1 from me.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> thanks
>>>>>>>> david jencks
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Jan 14, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Basically this is a good idea. I am just unsure if we
are already at
>>>>>>>>> the
>>>>>>>>> point where we should do the branch. Do we have all features
necessary
>>>>>>>>> for 3.0 finished? I think we should do the branch as
soon as we are
>>>>>>>>> feature complete. So the branch really can focus on stabilizing
>>>>>>>>> things.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Christian
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Am 14.01.2012 16:40, schrieb Andreas Pieber:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hey guys,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> As all of you know we really want to get Karaf 3.0
out now for some
>>>>>>>>>> time. But as long we add new "groundbreaking" features
to the master
>>>>>>>>>> we'll always destabilize it at some point. To give
us a chance to
>>>>>>>>>> finally stabilize the entire thing and getting out
a 3.0 release I
>>>>>>>>>> would like to propose a feature freeze for 3.0 starting
(for example)
>>>>>>>>>> today in a week. Pack everything into trunk you already
have and
>>>>>>>>>> really want to be part of Karaf 3. Then we'll cut
off a new branch
>>>>>>>>>> (karaf-3.0.x) where we do not allow any new features.
The version on
>>>>>>>>>> the master/trunk will be increased to 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.
This should be
>>>>>>>>>> the place then for all new features. This step should
free us from
>>>>>>>>>> new regressions and give us the time to finalize
3.0.0.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> WDYT?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Kind regards,
>>>>>>>>>> Andreas
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>>>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>>>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>>>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Jean-Baptiste Onofré
>>>> jbonofre@apache.org
>>>> http://blog.nanthrax.net
>>>> Talend - http://www.talend.com
>>>>

Mime
View raw message