karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Update on Karaf 3.0.0
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:14:11 GMT
Am 06.03.2012 13:10, schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:

> I'm really concerned about this feedback because:
> - we discussed about the Karaf 3.0 release in December, including a
> review during the meeting in January. Now we have different point of
> view that should have been discussed before
> - I'm feeling quite the only one really working on trunk, in
> preparation for 3.0.0. Some of use spent times to fix issues (on
> assemblies, on features, on Maven plugin, etc), started to implement
> the features that we discussed during the meeting (sub-shell). No,
> whereas we decided 2 months ago to cut off the branch, we don't have a
> consensus ? The trunk version is really so bad ? I don't think so, but
> maybe I'm wrong.
>
> JB, in a frustrated mode ;)

I did not intend to frustrate you. I just wanted to point out that we
need to agree on the issues to go into 3.0. As long as there are so many
open issues I think it is a true statement that we are not ready for a
release.

Currently I am heavily involved in a customer project so I only have
very limited time. Still I will help where I can. A real problem for me
is the aether issue as I currently can not reliably test on trunk. So as
soon as this is fixed
I can concentrate on helping to get trunk ready for 3.0.

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de