karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Proposal for pax url aether config
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 15:28:32 GMT
I just discussed with JB how a correct config for pax url could look
like. I think we found a very nice solution (See below).

Basically it uses the default local maven repo as a local repo and uses
the system dir a a remote repo.
- This means the system dir is now read only
- The local repo is the prefered repo to look stuff up

I think this is exactly what we need. JB was first a bit concerned about
the local repo being looked up before the system dir. I think this
should not be a big problem.
For released artifacts it should not matter and for snapshots looking in
the default local repo first is exactly what I need for my own development.

In fact dev:watch now works perfectly for me again. So I propose we
change the pax url config to these settings.

Christian

------
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.useFallbackRepositories=false
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultLocalRepoAsRemote=false
org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories= \
     http://repo1.maven.org/maven2@id=central, \

http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots-group@id=apache@snapshots@noreleases,

\