karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Idea how to better register Mbeans
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:06:12 GMT
Hi all,

we currently use the MBeanRegistrer class to register MBeans in Karaf.
This creates a dependency from the module registering the mbean to the
management.server module. So we can only install the mbeans when the
.server module is also started. When the .server project is started all
mbeans will be registered and available. This means that we currently
have to have the mbeans in separate modules as we do not always want to
start them.

So I propose we simply register the MBeans as an OSGi service instead of
using the MBeanRegistrer. Then we can react on these services in the
.server module.

So the project offering the MBean is independent of the module that
implements the MBeanServer setup. As long as the .server module is not
installed the MBeans are passive.
This means we could move the MBean impl to the core module and so remove
a lot of modules.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider