karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Idea how to better register Mbeans
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:48:18 GMT
Would that completely replace the management.server module or do we
still need it for the external connector config?

Christian

Am 29.03.2012 23:36, schrieb Łukasz Dywicki:
> FYI we need a jmx.objectname property set (string or ObjectName) on service registration.
Service should also implement a *MBean interface. Then aries jmx whiteboard should do the
work.

> Wiadomość napisana przez Łukasz Dywicki w dniu 29 mar 2012, o godz. 23:21:
>
>> Hey Christian,
>> That's good idea and I belive that aries-jmx already implements that.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Lukasz
>>
>> Wiadomość napisana przez Christian Schneider w dniu 29 mar 2012, o godz. 23:06:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> we currently use the MBeanRegistrer class to register MBeans in Karaf. This creates
a dependency from the module registering the mbean to the management.server module. So we
can only install the mbeans when the .server module is also started. When the .server project
is started all mbeans will be registered and available. This means that we currently have
to have the mbeans in separate modules as we do not always want to start them.

>>> So I propose we simply register the MBeans as an OSGi service instead of using
the MBeanRegistrer. Then we can react on these services in the .server module.

>>> So the project offering the MBean is independent of the module that implements
the MBeanServer setup. As long as the .server module is not installed the MBeans are passive.

--

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect