karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: Idea how to better register Mbeans
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:21:29 GMT
Hey Christian,
That's good idea and I belive that aries-jmx already implements that.

Best regards,
Lukasz

Wiadomość napisana przez Christian Schneider w dniu 29 mar 2012, o godz. 23:06:

> Hi all,
>
> we currently use the MBeanRegistrer class to register MBeans in Karaf. This creates a
dependency from the module registering the mbean to the management.server module. So we can
only install the mbeans when the .server module is also started. When the .server project
is started all mbeans will be registered and available. This means that we currently have
to have the mbeans in separate modules as we do not always want to start them.

> So I propose we simply register the MBeans as an OSGi service instead of using the MBeanRegistrer.
Then we can react on these services in the .server module.

> So the project offering the MBean is independent of the module that implements the MBeanServer
setup. As long as the .server module is not installed the MBeans are passive.