karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] OSGi Release 5 specification and Karaf versions
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:09:18 GMT
+1 on both,
basically I think it's a good idea to collect stuff for an upcoming
4.0 Karaf that will be available as a R5 Container
and also a Future that can not really be placed right now to a 3.0/4.0
or what so ever. Just that we don't loos track of them.
Every now and then we should take a look at those though to make sure
we don't miss anything for a 3.5 and so forth :)

regards, Achim

2012/3/15 Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com>:
> Interesting idea - so future wouldn't be tied to any specific Karaf
> version. Just a place holder for "it would be nice to XYZ when the
> tech is available"? That would be useful.
>
> Cheers,
> Jamie
>
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> More than 4.0.0, I would create a version "Future" in Jira.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 03/15/2012 04:01 PM, Jamie G. wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> As there is already some discussion surrounding the next major OSGi
>>> core specification, in anticipation I think we should consider adding
>>> to our project Jira a place holder for Karaf version 4.0.0.
>>>
>>> Version 4.0.0 of Karaf would be for Karaf centring around OSGi R5.
>>> Karaf 3.x currently is centred on OSGi 4.3, while Karaf 2.x continues
>>> to focus on OSGi R4.2. I believe having this roadmap would help make
>>> the forward progress of Karaf a little clearer to our users.
>>>
>>> The above being said, our community focus is still on Karaf 3.0.0. I
>>> think just having a version place holder in Jira now will allow us to
>>> enter issues related to OSGi R5 when required.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.osgi.org/blog/
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jamie