karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update on Karaf 3.0.0
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:11:11 GMT
On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 12:52, Christian Schneider

> Hi JB,
> Am 06.03.2012 11:03, schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>  Hi all,
>> I would like to make an update on the status of Karaf 3.0.
>> 1/ Bootstrap time and artifacts resolution
>> I fixed the latest issue around pax-url-aether and artifacts resolution
>> on Saturday.
>> Now, for SNAPSHOT artifacts, the karaf-maven-plugin (create-kar and
>> install-kar goals) creates or copy the maven-metadata-local.xml.
>> It means that only new SNAPSHOTs will be downloaded from a remote
>> repository.
>> More than easy testing/updating, a good news is that the artifact
>> resolution is largely quicker than before, and so the Karaf bootstrap time
>> is largely better (now the Karaf bootstrap on trunk is equivalent to Karaf
>> 2.2.x).
> I found more bugs / strange behaviour in the current version. The
> immediate problem I had is fixed. So my snapshot of the shell/config is
> used now after I do a full build.
> The problem is that I can not really update my jar in a running karaf.
> Update <bundleid> does not find my new version. dev:watch also does not
> work.
> When I delete the artifact´s dir in system and do update karaf loads the
> snapshot from the external repo.
> So I think the problem is that system is currently used somehat like an
> local repo. Karaf writes downloaded artifacts there. On the other hand is
> is used like a remote repo when
> looking up artifacts.
> I think this looks quite broken.
> I will add a jira issue.
>  3/ Module refactoring
>> Christian provided a patch around config handling.
>> I will refactore it a bit to adopt the same way as feature, system, etc
>> modules (core bundle, management bundle, command bundle).
>> I will take update some others modules in the same way.
>> It should be done tomorrow evening or Thursday mornning.
> Please do not yet refactor this. Let me first commit on trunk. I am doing
> the last tests and will commit today. If you tell me what you want I can
> also do the refactoring.
> The patch I submitted was for 2.2.x. After a discussion with Achim we
> agreed that we should not change much for 2.2.x and instead just fix the
> bug with delayed updates.
> I will fix this on trunk first and then backport to 2.2.x.
>  4/ Karaf 3.0.0 branch
>> I plan to cut off the karaf-3.0.x branch over the week end and prepare a
>> first RC.
>>  When I look in jira I see ~100 open issues for 3.0.0. So I think we are
> far from ready to branch and release a RC.

If we wait until all issues are closed, I fear we'll wait forever, as
issues are opened regularly.
We can just defer them to 3.1.

> Christian
> --
> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de
> Open Source Architect
> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com

Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
FuseSource, Integration everywhere

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message