karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject [Discussion] OSGi Release 5 specification and Karaf versions
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:01:27 GMT
Hi All,

As there is already some discussion surrounding the next major OSGi
core specification, in anticipation I think we should consider adding
to our project Jira a place holder for Karaf version 4.0.0.

Version 4.0.0 of Karaf would be for Karaf centring around OSGi R5.
Karaf 3.x currently is centred on OSGi 4.3, while Karaf 2.x continues
to focus on OSGi R4.2. I believe having this roadmap would help make
the forward progress of Karaf a little clearer to our users.

The above being said, our community focus is still on Karaf 3.0.0. I
think just having a version place holder in Jira now will allow us to
enter issues related to OSGi R5 when required.

Any thoughts?

[1] http://www.osgi.org/blog/

Cheers,
Jamie