karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSSION] Scheduling of the Apache Karaf 2.2.6 Release Candidate for after Karaf 3.0.x branch creation.
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 13:11:36 GMT
Hi All,

It's been several weeks since our last Apache Karaf 2.2.x patch
update, as such I'd like to schedule in a Karaf 2.2.6 RC build. As the
current focus of the community is on branching Karaf 3.0.x from trunk,
I'd like to tentatively schedule a 2.2.6 RC for after the 3.0.x
branch's creation. We would like to keep our focus mainly on Karaf
3.0.0 for the time being, but do want to assure the user base that a
Karaf 2.2.6 RC patch roll up is also in the works.

Regarding Karaf 2.2.6:

Current high lights of this patch include the new command
"feature:chooseurl" (makes it easier to install well known features
files), better shell script support for Solaris, several bug fixes,
and numerous dependency updates (32 resolved issues and counting!).

Cheers,
Jamie