karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Add a scope feature-url
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:19:00 GMT
I would like to add a scope feature-url and move the feature:url-*
commands there.
The idea is that command completion will work much better this way.

Currently we have the following completions:

 > feature:<tab>
feature:info                 feature:install
feature:list                 feature:repository-list
feature:repository-remove    feature:uninstall
feature:url-add              feature:url-choose
feature:url-list             feature:url-refresh
feature:url-remove           feature:version-list
^ This mixes the commands about feature urls and the commands about
features which is bad

After the change we could do:

 >feature:<tab>
feature:info                 feature:install
feature:list        feature:uninstall

 >feature-url:<tab>
feature-url:add        feature-url:choose     feature-url:list
feature-url:refresh    feature-url:remove

Which looks much more cohesive.

The subshell would also work better with that change. There even the
prefixes are gone in the completion and you simply have the commands
you can do on features or feature urls.

Btw. What are the two feature:repository-* and feature:version-list
commands good for? I have never noticed them before and honestly never
missed them.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider