karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Add a scope feature-url
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:30:56 GMT
About the feature:repository commands. How about allowing the repo name
in the feature:url-* commands additionally to the url. That would have
the same effect and would save us some commands.

I also think about doing the same with the feature:url-choose command.
We could allow the symbolic names in feature:url-add like
feature:url-add camel 2.9.2 so the feature:url-choose could also be
eliminated.

Christian

Am 22.05.2012 14:22, schrieb Guillaume Nodet:
> I think the repository commands use the argument as the repository
> name instead of the repository url.
>
> Not sure about separating both.  It does not really help with
> completion (as you need to type the ':' in addition to few<tab>  for
> example), and given those are related, it looks more natural to me.  I
> think subshells should be really independent and that's not the case
> imho.
>
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Christian Schneider
> <chris@die-schneider.net>  wrote:
>> I would like to add a scope feature-url and move the feature:url-* commands
>> there.
>> The idea is that command completion will work much better this way.
>>
>> Currently we have the following completions:
>>
>>> feature:<tab>
>> feature:info                 feature:install              feature:list
>>            feature:repository-list
>> feature:repository-remove    feature:uninstall            feature:url-add
>>             feature:url-choose
>> feature:url-list             feature:url-refresh          feature:url-remove
>>            feature:version-list
>> ^ This mixes the commands about feature urls and the commands about features
>> which is bad
>>
>> After the change we could do:
>>
>>> feature:<tab>
>> feature:info                 feature:install              feature:list
>>   feature:uninstall
>>
>>> feature-url:<tab>
>> feature-url:add        feature-url:choose     feature-url:list
>> feature-url:refresh    feature-url:remove
>>
>> Which looks much more cohesive.
>>
>> The subshell would also work better with that change. There even the
>> prefixes are gone in the completion and you simply have the commands
>> you can do on features or feature urls.
>>
>> Btw. What are the two feature:repository-* and feature:version-list commands
>> good for? I have never noticed them before and honestly never missed them.
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> --
>> Christian Schneider
>> http://www.liquid-reality.de