karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Problems building karaf trunk
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 07:30:20 GMT
We already talked about the build on irc but to sum it up here also on
the list:

I tested a build of trunk with a clean maven repo. I did not work out of
the box as the karaf-maven-plugin is required when building the feature
files. As maven checks that very early the karaf maven plugin is not yet
there.

So there are three options to really solve that:
- The best solution would be to solve the problem in maven as it should
not need the plugin so early. There is a very old issue open about it:
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1911
So it does not seem this is solved soon
- Create a profile in our build that builds up to the karaf-maven-plugin
as a first step. Then the full build can be run
- Change the feature generation so it does not need a build extension.
This would require some more maven config than today but may be worth it

I took a simple workaround by commenting out the assemblies module in
the root pom. So the build was failing at the itests but the
karaf-maven-plugin was built.
Then I commented it in again and did a full build which worked.

Btw. I had a test failure in the kittests which I currently investigate.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de