karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simpler karaf shell command/action definition
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 16:13:05 GMT
Well, of course it's difficult, but only because the command framework has
been written with blueprint in mind.
If you want something simpler, you can also use the plain gogo commands,
but those are a bit more limited.

I'm not sure how good it is to base an analysis of the current framework
based on the only two examples that are not written in the correct way.

Can you start again showing what you want to improve on realistic examples
we have (not SCR and help which do not use the framework correctly) ?

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net
> wrote:

> The help command and the scr commands are the cases where we do not use
> blueprint. They show though how difficult it is to create commands if you
> do not use blueprint.
> So the action as a service aproach could help for these cases (declarative
> services and pure OSGi bundles).
>
> Btw. I just had another idea for completers. We could use a special
> namespace element inside a normal bean (like the transaction support in
> aries jpa).
>
> <bean class="MyAction">
> <completer ref="myCompleter"/>
> </bean>
>
> Not sure if this is a good idea though. At least it is not obvious that
> you could use the completer element at this point.
>
> Christian
>
> Am 09.05.2012 17:34, schrieb Guillaume Nodet:
>
>  The help command is really a bad example, as until yesterday, it was
>> included in the console bundle, so it was not able to use the namespace
>> handler.  AFAIK, that's the only reason why it uses such a verbose syntax,
>> and that's the only case where such syntax is used (afaik).
>>
>> On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Christian Schneider<chris@die-schneider.*
>> *net <chris@die-schneider.net>
>>
>>> wrote:
>>>

> --