karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Ioannis Canellos <ioca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Telling whether startup is really complete
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 17:40:35 GMT
I've read a lot of interesting opinions and I'd like to share mine:

i) The Karaf shell should start asap, unless explicitly configured. The
enter thing is nice but should be optional imho.
ii) Determining when Karaf is started is one thing, determining when an
application is started is another.
iii) A log entry that says Karaf has started sounds enough, we can
optionally provide that info through the info command.
iv) Different users have different needs on what started means. To cover
all cases we could allow the user to use a configuration file that will
contain requirements (package, service etc) and have everyone configure it
however he wishes.

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
*