karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Problems running itests on windows in eclipse
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:13:39 GMT
It's possible using config on KarafDistributionOption:

- each test can share the same unpack directory:
KarafDistributionBaseConfigurationOption.unpackDirectory
- the runtime directories are cleanup after exec if we don't use the
KeepRuntimeFolderOption option

Regards
JB

On 09/19/2012 03:57 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> If a test passes, shouldn't it also completely clean up after itself?    I personally
hate things that leave leftover crap all over the place when things have gone well.   For
failed tests, sure, leave things around to help debug, but for passing tests, clean up.

> Dan
>

> On Sep 19, 2012, at 7:33 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>
>> I always do mvn clean install or mvn clean test.
>>
>> For the target/karaf dir, karaf-pax-exam completly bootstrap a Karaf instance for
each test. IMHO, it's a good approach because each test is atomic. If the user want to create
only one Karaf instance bootstrap, it can gather all asserts in one method.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org