karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Balicchia <fbalicc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Osgi fying an existing JAR.
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:01:34 GMT
Hi Madhav,

The entry point for using the OSGi API is the BundleContext interface.
runtime will provide an instance of BundleContext at a specific point in
the component lifecycle.
Activator is an Entity registered on a per-bundle and
notified when its bundle starts and stops.
Activators implement the BundleActivator interface.

public class ExampleActivator implements BundleActivator {

public void start(BundleContext bcontext) {
	registerServices(bcontext);
}

.
.
.
}

In your manifest you need specifies

Bundle-Activator: it.example.ExampleActivator

To do this job is better IMHO use framework type bluprint
http://aries.apache.org/modules/blueprint.html

I hope I answered
if you need other info tell me

Regards