karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Apache Karaf 2.3.0 very close
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:44:00 GMT
Hi guys,

just an update about this discussion.

I added spring31* features in Karaf 2.3.x.

I don't want to add spring*/3.1.2.RELEASE features, as it will be used
by default (for instance, if a feature uses a spring version range like
[3,4), by default, spring 3.1.2.RELEASE would be installed). So, to
prevent potential side effect, I have clearly identified the features
with 31 in the name (spring31, spring31-jms, etc).

The issue with this approach is that, if a feature wants to use spring
3.1, it should rely on a specific name, which is not perfect.

So I wonder if it doesn't make sense to simply remove spring 3.1.x
features in Karaf 2.3.0 and wait for Karaf 3.0.0 release (which includes
it), or if we *really* need Spring 3.1 support quickly prepare Karaf
2.4.0 which can be exactly the same as Karaf 2.3.0 but with the upgrades
to Spring 3.1 and Jetty 8 for instance.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB