karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible issue with Pax-Exam 2.x and testing with Karaf 2.3.0
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 06:54:53 GMT
Hi

At Apache Camel we have a number of OSGi tests in 2 flavors
- testing that a feature can be installed (eg Camel components)
- and then as regular unit tests by triggering some logic, eg with
Camel to process messages in Karaf container.

So as part of the Karaf 2.3.0 upgrade for the upcoming Camel 2.11
release, I hit an issue with the tests above. Upgrading from Karaf
2.2.9 -> 2.3.0.

It seems that Pax Exam 2.4.0 (then later upgraded to 2.6.0) modifies
the etc/config.properties from the Apache Karaf tar.gz distro. Eg it
adds a #modified by Pax Exam comment in the top of this file.

Well what I am saying is that the Karaf container could not be started
properly, and failed with a zillion weird errors.

So I could "fix" this by forcing Pax Exam to override the
etc/config.properties file, by copying back the original file from the
tar.gz file. Then it all worked fine again.

See this source code
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/tests/camel-itest-karaf/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/itest/karaf/AbstractFeatureTest.java

A snippet of the errors is posted in this mail thread
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/HEADS-UP-Camel-trunk-has-been-upgraded-to-Aries-1-0-0-OSGi-4-3-0-Karaf-2-3-0-tp5722154.html

--
Claus Ibsen