karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Release planning
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 07:51:24 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to plan some releases in the following weeks.

1/ EIK
EIK is now ready for a first release. I will close a couple of issues
today and review the legal stuff (especially the NOTICE and LICENSE
files, as we "use" some Eclipse parts).
I propose to cut off EIK 3.0.0 this week. By the way, is 3.0.0 version
make sense for you ? My proposal would be to change to 0.9 version as
it's the first EIK one.

2/ Karaf
Both trunk and karaf-2.3.x have an issue with Aries Blueprint (some
bundles stay in GracePeriod forever at startup). Dan tried a fix in
Aries that he reverted. I'm working on it and I will probably update to
Aries SNAPSHOTs in Karaf. I will request the help of Guillaume and Dan,
both to help me around the fix, and to plan an Aries release as well.
In the mean time, I will move forward on the Karaf 2.3.x pending issues.
As soon as we have a new Aries release, we can:
- release 2.3.1
- release 3.0.0.RC1

WDYT ?

Regards