karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Fwd: [ANN] hawtio: a new lightweight HTML5 console for Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, JMX, OSGi & Fuse Fabric
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 18:38:55 GMT
I got your point about non-OSGi and it makes sense.

 From a technical perspective, and regarding that HawtIO is a new
project, it makes sense for move forward on github.

The point will be present later. For instance, I got remarks from some
users saying that they would prefer to see Pax* projects as ASF projects
to insure legal stuff and at least release votes (which is a kind of ASF
stamp for the project). They are less confident in non Apache project
because they are not really code review and release vote.
To be honest, I don't think it's a big deal, but some users is looking
for that.

Regards
JB

--