karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Idea: Allow users to patch feature files
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:14:26 GMT
What is the value comparing to just a URL refresh and bundle refresh ?
Not sure to see the point.

Regards
JB

On 02/26/2013 05:12 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:

> Could this be even more "generic" and apply to everything loaded via a URL?   Swap the
version of "xerces" with this new version.   Or use specs 2.2 instead of 2.1 or similar.

> Dan
>

> On Feb 26, 2013, at 3:46 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> sometimes we have the issue that a feature file of an already released project is
incorrect. Another similar case is if a small issue appears that can be fixed by just patching
a single bundle.
>> In both cases it is necessary to change an existing feature file to make this work
without a new release and without making user apps bump up the dependency to the feature file
to the next bugfix release number.

>> So I thought about a way to patch feature files at runtime.
>>
>> The idea is to have a config with:
>> <mvn url of feature>:<path to patch>
>>
>> This config would make the feature command apply the patches to the named feature
files after loading them. So a user could patch their feature files to quickly fix simple
issues.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org